Fixtures will be an important part of almost any home remodeling project, and one great example here is a bathroom remodel. Bathrooms are typically comprised of a few major features, and considering each of these during any remodel you’re planning is vital.
At Crown Finish, we’re here to help with a huge range of remodeling services for clients across Orem, including bathroom remodeling. In this two-part blog series, we’ll go over all of the most notable fixtures in a given bathroom, plus how to consider them during your remodel.
Naturally, one of the most notable and important fixtures in any bathroom is the sink. This is where most personal hygiene tasks take place, from brushing your teeth to washing your face and hands. There are several different types of sinks you can choose from for your remodel:
- Pedestal sink: A pedestal sink sits on a single porcelain or china column and has exposed plumbing underneath. These are popular in smaller bathrooms, as they take up minimal space and provide a classic look.
- Vessel sink: A vessel sink sits on top of the counter, rather than being partially recessed like most sinks. These are popular for their unique aesthetic appeal and can often be found in modern or contemporary bathrooms.
- Drop-in sink: As the name suggests, this type of sink is dropped into a hole in the counter. They are easy to install and come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
- Undermount sink: This sink is installed underneath the counter, creating a seamless look that makes cleaning easier. They work well with granite or marble countertops.
Another essential fixture in any bathroom is the toilet. When it comes to choosing a toilet for your remodel, you have several options:
- Two-piece toilet: This is the most common type of toilet, with separate tank and bowl units that are bolted together.
- One-piece toilet: A one-piece toilet has a seamless design, with the tank and bowl fused together. They are easier to clean and can save space in smaller bathrooms.
- Wall-mounted toilet: A wall-mounted toilet is attached to the wall, with the tank hidden inside and only the bowl visible. This creates an open and modern look, but may require additional structural support during installation.
- Smart toilet: The newest trend in bathroom fixtures, smart toilets come with a variety of high-tech features such as heated seats, automatic flushing, and self-cleaning options.
You should also be thinking about the size and shape of your toilet, as well as its flushing power and water efficiency.
In part two of our series, we’ll go over some other important areas like tubs, handle finishes and more. At Crown Finish, we’re dedicated to helping you create the perfect bathroom for your home. Contact us today to learn more about our remodeling services and how we can bring your vision to life!